The Player Disappears!
- Open up the Player Object.
- Highlight the Collision Event with the Points Object: o_points.
- Double click the Destroy Instance action to check the settings.
- The Destroy Instance action must be set to apply to other!
- If the Destroy Instance action is set to apply to self, the instance that is destroyed is the object in which this action is set. In this case it means the Player will be destroyed. This is exactly what is occuring.
- If the Destroy Instance action is set to apply to other, the instance that is destroyed is the object that the Player collides with. This event the Player monitors collisions with the Points object. The Points object will be destroyed, exactly what we want to happen!