For teachers, recreational leaders and university students.
Our Workshops and Online PD Courses for Teachers will get you started incorporating Video Game Design into existing classroom curriculum.
“Thanks again for the great workshop. I am now running half day workshops at my school for Grades 4-8 [creating video games]. Kids love it and are very excited, one of the best programs I have seen!”
– Stephen Miles, Teacher at John G. Diefenbaker Public School, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Creating video games in the classroom will (Grade 4-12) :
- Enrich curriculum content – validate student interests and in some cases – career aspirations.
- Engage students in subject matter – have students create a video game for a health science unit: Bacterial Wars!
- Appeal to a range of students with diverse interests, skills and learning styles – analytical and mathematic skills, creative and artistic skills, organizational and leadership skills, and game playing & quality control evaluation skills.
- Exercise team building skills – have students work as a game design team as they go through the process of planning, designing and creating a video game. Alternate roles of team leader, designer, programmer, artist and game tester!